Friday, October 2, 2009

Back to the Grind

May He Rest in Peace

I apologize that I haven't updated in a while, despite this being a new blog that needs to be fleshed out before I can reasonably take a few days, nonetheless weeks, off. However, extenuating circumstances will lead to my forgiveness from my whole, oh, two readers, I'm sure.

My grandfather was in the final stages of Alzheimer's, and I've been splitting my time between my home in Cleveland, Oh, and my family in Erie, Pa. One of my favorite people in the world passed on the morning of September 24, 2009, and I have spent a lot of time with my family before and after that. I love you, Papa.

More Posts to Come

Now that things have calmed down and we're all getting used to the idea that my Papa has passed on,* I'm back in Cleveland and ready to resume my wifely duties, albeit with an air of depression surrounding me that I'm sure will lift as time goes on.

Don't worry, I'll get back to blogging shortly. Apparently, I need to tell women everywhere how to wear stockings so that the back seam stays perfectly straight. It seemed to be the thing people most complimented me on this past weekend. And every time I wear my stockings.

*

I use the term "passed on" because I don't believe that anyone actually passes "away."

No comments:

Post a Comment